Capt. Eldon Haskell
- the new "mayor" of Heidelberg Is Capt. Eldon Haskell of Santa Barbara, Cal., military government officer for an American unit, and his first action was the ousting of the oberburgomeister and other known Hitler adherents in the local administration. All the university professors and employes will be "screened" to get rid of those who have been nazis, Haskell said Heidelberg's normal population of 85,000 is now swelled to 110,000, as refugees from nearby bombed and shelled towns have come in.
- September 1945 bis März 1946: General Geoffrey Keyes ist Befehlshaber der 7. US-Armee in Heidelberg
- Für US-Zuständigkeiten siehe dort
1. USAREUR - The United States Army in Europe, by Michael Skinner, ISBN: 0-89141-311-1
2. The American Military Occupation of Germany, 1945-1953, by Oliver J. Frederiksen, Headquarters U.S. Army, Europe, 1953
3. The United States Army in Europe, 1953-1963, by D. J. Hickman, Headquarters U.S. Army, Europe, 1964
19. Building for Peace: U.S. Army Engineers in Europe, 1945-1991, by Robert Grathwol and Donita M. Moorhus (GPO S/N: 008-029-00409-7 - hard cover), traces the U.S. Army's engineering construction activities in Europe, beginning immediately after World War II in 1945 and ending with the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
- Zeittafel zur Heidelberger Geschichte ab 1945 (HGV)
- rw: 30._März_1945
- dort die dt. Lit.